soul food recipes '>
Old Time Favorites mmmm...These Are So Good! Bring a WOW moment to the table!!! Enjoy the sweet taste of the South These will never go out of style. Nothing but Soul Food Dishes Here You Will Never Stop Cooking These!!! These Will Become Your Family Favorites These Recipes You Will Love

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Buttermilk Pie


When, I was growing up around my grandmother in East Texas in 1960..."Folks", She will cook morning, noon and supper. No fast food here! She was one of the best cook around. I could sit and watch  her cook in her country kitchen all day long.


My grandmother could turn a dish into a master piece ........ One day she bake a Buttermilk pie for dinner, A Buttermilk pie is a custard-like pie. Traditional of the United Kingdom, it almost unknown today but is now a traditional pie of the southern States.

When I taste the Buttermilk Pie for the first time it was so creamy, sweet and tangy... Good job Grandma!

Recipe for Buttermilk Pie....Remember a Change sometime don't hurt.

Weekend cowgirl has the same recipe my grandma...You go gurl!

1 comment:

  1. This will be a new addition to my Thanksgiving meal. My son will prepare this.

    ReplyDelete